Suit Yourself Closet
Have an upcoming interview or need to update your work wardrobe? The Suit Yourself Closet offers free gently used professional clothing and styling services to VCU students.
- All clothing is free for students.
- Students can take up to six items during each visit to the closet.
- Students can visit the closet twice a month.
- Students own the clothes they take from the closet. No need to return!
Monroe Park Campus Suit Yourself Closet
- Summer: No appointments in advance; drop in Mon–Fri from 9 a.m.– 4 p.m. (typical hours)
- Fall & Spring: By appointment only: Make an appointment on Handshake.
Located in the University Student Commons (1st floor, across from Chick-fil-A)
MCV Campus Suit Yourself Closet
By appointment only: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Located in the Hunton Student Center (2nd floor)
*If available appointments are not accommodating for your schedule, please contact SuitYourself@vcu.edu.
Learn more about visiting by reviewing the SYC Guidelines.
To ensure a safe, clean environment for our students, all garments are sanitized before they are made available to students, and all surfaces are cleaned regularly.
Are you looking for professional clothes, but don't know where to start? Check out our professional dress style guides for tips and pointers on how to build your professional wardrobe.
- Feminine Style Guide
- Masculine Style Guide
- Gender Neutral - Femme Presenting Style Guide
- Gender Neutral - Masculine Presenting Style Guide
Curious about other topics related to career clothing? Check out the guides below for more insight.
- Dressing for Career Events
- Removing Wrinkles From Clothes
- How Should A Suit Fit
- 3 Common Ways to Tie a Tie
- A Quick Guide to Dry Cleaning
- Local Thrift Stores, Tailors, and Dry Cleaners [QR Code]
Support the Closet
If you would like to donate gently used clothing to the Suit Yourself Closet or host a donation drive with your organization, please email us at SuitYourself@vcu.edu. We can share information about what items we are currently accepting, and we have materials to support the donation drive for your organization.
If you notice we are missing certain sizes, seasonal pieces or categories of professional wear, please let us know by email.
The Suit Yourself Closet also accepts direct monetary donations. Gifts will be used to provide materials for maintaining the Suit Yourself Closet and obtaining new, difficult-to-stock clothing items for students. You can make a one-time donation, a recurring donation, and even tag your business or employer for a matching donation program (VCU/VCU Health Employees can make donations through payroll deduction). Click the button below to get started.