Exploration and transitions
We want to be your partner in the job-search process. Whether you are meeting with an advisor or career ambassador, attending a career fair or searching our website, we want to make sure you have the most helpful resources during all stages of your search.
Resources, tools and guides
- Candid Career: An online video library of thousands of first-person testimonials from industry professionals and job preparation tips for recent graduates.
- What Can I Do With This Major?: A list of career paths sorted by common majors
- Mynextmove: Explore possibilities and match your skills to your career
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Find out about different careers, education requirements, salaries and more
- Occupational Information Network (O*Net): Search occupations, industries, and skills
- Undeclared & Discovery Student Checklist
- LinkedIn job search tool
- LinkedIn internship search tool
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Resources for part-time job search
VCU Career Services advises international students to consult the Global Education Office before any job or internship search. At VCU, only Immigration Services and the Global Education Office can advise international students (F-1), visiting researchers and scholars (J-1) and specialized employees (H-1B and TN) on their employment options in the U.S. Connect with this office at global.vcu.edu/students/immigration.
Log in with VCU eID and password. This website has information and resources to help students find global internships, jobs and study abroad experiences. This is also a great resource for International students looking for opportunities.
Part-time job materials
Full-time job materials
Transferable skills resources
Work Values Card Sort
An informational interview is a professional development tool you can use to learn more about a particular career. In this type of interview, you direct the questions to a person of your choice who is doing work in a field or industry that interests you.
Informational interviews allow you to learn from another person’s career path, discover how they gained experience in the field, and learn the strategies and advice they have for someone entering the field today.