What is the JLD program?
The Job Location & Development, or JLD, program is a federally-funded program that aims to increase access to off-campus employment opportunities for current students. For most students, this means securing and working part-time and/or seasonal jobs. The program offers resources, including connection opportunities, in support of students seeking off-campus jobs and off-campus employers recruiting students.
Each year, employers like those listed below help generate over $800,000 in income for VCU Rams, which is critical to meeting student needs. (Note: This only accounts for the hiring we’re aware of, so let us know if you are an employer or student and want your hiring counted — to help us continue to do what we do.) Of course, student employment opportunities also allow students access to meaningful work experience, relevant skill-building, exposure to a field or industry, professional networking, and much more!
Off-campus employers committed to recruiting current Rams
- Autism Society of Central Virginia (ASCV)
- Axiom Educators
- Blue Sky Fund
- Capital City Childcare
- Club SciKidz / Tech Scientific RVA
- Code VA
- Collegiate School
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities
- Creative Learning Center
- Doodle Dynamo
- Hallmark Youthcare
- Handwork Studio
- LeafSpring Schools
- Mathnasium (Temple Ventures LLC)
- Mending Fences
- Metropolitan Business League
- Papa Technologies, LLC
- Petersburg City Public Schools
- Richmond Residential Services, Inc
- Richmond Waldorf School
- Salvation Army
- Stemtree Franchising LLC
- The Brain Bodega
- The Nanny Network, LLC
- Tutor Doctor
- Urban Zen Coders Academy
- White Oak Early Childcare Center
- YMCA of Greater Richmond
- Boot Barn
- Carytown Burger & Fries, Inc.
- EAT Restaurant Partners
- Gap, Inc. (incl. Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap)
- Gelati Celesti
- Goodrich Gourmet Catering
- Groovin' Gourmets (Trolley Hospitality Companies)
- Minglewood Bake Shop
- Pit Stop (of Woodfin)
- Red Bull
- Sherwin-Williams Company
- Strawberry Fields Flowers & Finds
- The Cocky Rooster
- Torchy's Tacos
- Victory Bar & Grill
These employers have done the following in the past two years:
- Meaningfully connected with the JLD program, such as through a meeting to discuss recruiting VCU students or attending a relevant fair — our Part-Time Job Fair (fall) and/or Seasonal & Part-Time Job Fair (spring); and/or
- Been supported by the JLD program, such as through our promotion of your job(s), hired current VCU students, and let us know about it through our hiring form, by indicating VCU applicants as hired in your Handshake job posting(s), and/or via email.
Why should I connect with the program, as an employer?
JLD staff connect students to you and your part-time or seasonal hiring needs through recruitment events, support posting in Handshake, connection opportunities, boosting student exposure to your openings, and more. Reach out to get started today: request a meeting, call (804) 827-0409, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.