VCU Career Services empowers undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, alumni, employers and community partners to explore, learn and reach goals that fit their distinct definitions of success. Through purposeful partnerships, innovative interdisciplinary programming, consistent advocacy and providing an inclusive, supportive environment, we aim to:
- reduce barriers to career and experiential opportunities,
- promote the development of career readiness skills,
- provide access to resources, knowledge and connections, and
- equip individuals and organizations to contribute to the current and future world of work, their communities and the broader world.
Our core values
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Social Justice
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Growth, Development and Continuous Improvement
- Compassion, Care and Helping Others
We provide support to help you discover and reach your career goals. Start meeting with us as soon as you arrive at VCU.
Learn more about how to recruit VCU students and alumni for jobs, internships, and other professional opportunities, as well as how to build your organization's brand on our campus.
Meet the career counselors, employer development staff, and administrators who make up VCU Career Services.
At VCU Career Services, we affirm and celebrate the diversity of the VCU community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all are welcomed, respected, and supported as they contribute their unique and important ideas, skills, and perspectives to the world. We actively promote and are deeply invested in the work of diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, multicultural competence, and constant learning.
As a team of individuals representing a diverse set of intersecting identities, we will continue to advocate and make positive change that helps open new doors to professional connections for VCU students, alumni, employer partners, and community members. Our staff is dedicated to providing equitable access to services and resources for VCU students and alumni as they consider career options, engage in experiential learning, apply for employment and volunteer positions, and pursue graduate/professional education.