Whether you’re a recent graduate or a seasoned professional transitioning between careers, we can assist you along your career path. VCU Career Services has the tools to help you get started and, through VCU’s online job portal Handshake, a place to begin or continue your job search.
You have access to unlimited one-on-one individual appointments and drop-ins at VCU offices on both campuses during the first year after graduation. After your first year, you can continue to use VCU Career Services' online resources and career and professional development support from VCU Alumni.
Are you a recent graduate still trying to figure it all out or a graduate looking to change careers and would like to network with the VCU alumni Community? Or a VCU graduate looking to become a mentor? Join VCU Link!
VCU Link is the university’s online community for connecting students, alumni and friends of the university all in one place.
Log on to Link.vcu.edu, create your online profile in minutes, and start connecting with hundreds of other VCU alumni and students from around the world!
Visit Link.vcu.edu to learn more and join the VCU community today!
Not bound by geographic region, current workplace, or degree, VCU Industry Networks connects the members of the VCU community, while helping current students and alumni leverage the VCU Network.
VCU Industry Networks not only connects you with those in or interested in the network but also allows you to join on relevant discussions and provides you with regional in-person and virtual events around specific industries.
Join one or more of the following Industry Networks today:
- Fine, Design and Performing Arts Industry Network
- Communications, Marketing and Media Industry Network
- Education Industry Network
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Network
- Finance Industry Network
- Health Care Industry Network
- Human Resources Industry Network
- Politics and Public Service Industry Network
- Science and Research Industry Network
- Technology Industry Network
VCU has endless talent eager to help grow your business. We want to give you the first opportunity to help shape VCU students into top professionals that will benefit you.
As an alumnus/a, you have something to offer. Sharing your personal and professional experiences with current students provides valuable learning and networking opportunities, insight into industry trends and experiences that will help shape their professional development.
Volunteering your time benefits you too. Giving back to current students allows you to build skills, enhance your resume, develop a recruiting pipeline and impact the life of a fellow Ram.
Discover those opportunities on Volunteer VCU. Get rewarded for your volunteerism with exclusive VCU gear and experiences!
Speed-Network online via text chats with fellow members of the VCU community and expand your connections in just one hour.
Events are text-based (typing - no audio or video required), and participants can join from anywhere using a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Industry Online Networking Hour
- Ask the Experts: Virtual Career Coaching Session
- You’ve Graduated, Now What? Online Networking Session
- New Year, New Career Online Networking Session
Do you feel like you’re just going through the motions at work? Wondering what your next move should be? Then it’s time to do something about it.
Whether you’re just starting out or are more established in your career, the 30-day VCU Alumni Career Change Fellowship can give you the clarity, structure, support and accountability you need for your next career breakthrough. Best of all, it’s offered in a convenient online format that fits your schedule.
If you’re serious about finding a satisfying career that leverages your strengths, with the compensation you deserve, sign up for the VCU Alumni Career Change Fellowship.
Upcoming Sessions (registration will be available soon):
- March 14th - May 13th, 2020
- Sept 5th - Oct 4th, 2020
- Jan 23rd - Feb 21st, 2021
- Sept 4th - Oct 3rd, 2021
Join fellow VCU alumni professionals in your region for industry-based networking events such as panels, speakers, career insight and general networking.
- Nov. 6, 2019 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. EST, Midlothian, VA Advancing Your Career in Social Work
- Nov. 7, 2019 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. EST, Richmond, VA Winning the Interview
- Nov. 9, 2019 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. EST, Richmond, VA VCU Alumni Pitch Competition
- Dec. 12, 2019 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. EST, Richmond, VA Using LinkedIn to Boost Your Career