Create your HireVCURams account now
We make hiring easy. If you have a position to fill, you can create an account and post your opportunity in about 10 minutes through our online recruiting database. HireVCURams allows you to post the following types of opportunities:
- Federal work-study
HireVCURams also allows you to manage every aspect of your candidate search. You can register for career fairs and events, manage applicants and schedule on-campus interviews and information sessions.
For administrative purposes, we ask you to select a primary career center during registration. Please choose your primary career center based on the main academic focus of students or alumni you’re interested in connecting with. You will also be asked to select a primary career center for each posting submitted. Don’t worry, every VCU student and alum will be able to see your posting regardless of your career center affiliation. Review our policies, then sign up.
HireVCURams User FAQ
If you would like to post an job or internship opportunity for students, visit our employer portal, HireVCURams to create your account. We recommend you use IE, Firefox, or Safari. Problems have been reported with Google Chrome.
Contact VCU Career Services at 804-828-1645 or email HireVCURams@vcu.edu if you need additional assistance.
- Visit, HireVCURams.com and click on Create an account.
- To avoid duplication of employer/organization accounts, please search for your organization under Find Your Organization.
- If you cannot find your organization, click Can't find my organization.
- Complete all fields of the user profile form.
- Review and accept the HireVCURams Employer User agreement on the Miscellaneous tab.
- Click Register.
Submitting a job
- In your account, click on My Job and Internship Postings section on the main navigation bar across the top of your home page.
- From this drop-down menu, click on New Posting.
- Enter all of the required posting information.
- In the field, How to Apply in Addition to HireVCURams, enter your organization’s procedure for application submission. If you prefer that candidates only apply through HireVCURams, leave this section blank.
To View Referrals or Applications
- In your account, click on My Job & Internship Postings on the menu bar
- From this drop-down menu, click on Posting List. Under Activity, look for a bold R to the right of the job title under Activity. Click on the bold R to view the referrals (also known as applications). You also use this method to view past referrals from expired listings.
To Re-post a Previously Posted Position
- You can repost a previously active position by locating the position in the Posting List under My Job & Internship Postings, and clicking on the correct position under Title.
- You will then be able to copy the position by clicking on Copy Job on the left side of the screen under Page Functions.
- You must edit the copied position by clicking Edit for the appropriate section.
What "Pending Status" means
All registration requests and all jobs that you submit are reviewed by a member of the employer development staff within two business days. During this period your request is placed in “Pending” status. When the requests are approved, you will receive an email notification from HireVCURams@vcu.edu.
Making changes to an active job
To update Position Information, Posting Information, and Contact Information, find the job under My Job & Internship postings , click the name of the posting and then click edit.
Registering for events
- To register for an event, on the Home page for your account, click on Career Events and access the appropriate event
- If you wish to attend, click on Register Now.
- To view your scheduled information sessions, click on Career Events and My Info Sessions.
- To submit a request for a new event, click on Career Events and New Event Request or you call us at 804-828-1645.
To learn more about on-campus interview opportunities, contact us at 804-828-1645.