The interview is your opportunity to share how your skills and experiences have prepared you to be successful in this role. Interviews take practice. If you’ve never interviewed before, explore the interviewing page to learn the basics of a successful interview.
Nearly all interviews contain two parts, common questions about your experience and situation-based questions to gauge your fit for the position. Afterward, you’ll be given the opportunity to ask questions of the interviewer.
While you cannot control the interview format or timeline, you can be prepared to speak about your relevant skills and experiences. Take some time to reflect on what you’ve done and how you can fill this organization’s need. Below are some sample interview questions that you might encounter.
- What are your career plans and what led you to these decisions?
- What do you feel is the purpose of Medical/Dental School?
- Tell me about why you are interested in this program.
- Describe your style of communicating and interacting with others. Give an example of a situation in which you had to utilize effective interpersonal skills.
- Describe a situation in which you were dependable or demonstrated initiative. One in which you were not as dependable as you would have liked.
- What experiences have you had working with diverse populations?
- How do you handle stress?
- Tell me about a time when you faced a conflict or anger with another individual.
- Tell me about a time when you were criticized unfairly.
- Tell me about a time when you failed.
You’ll feel more comfortable during your interview with a little practice first. InterviewStream is web-based video interface that allows you to respond to a series pre-recorded interview questions from your computer. Afterward, you will be able to review you recording to see how you did.
To access InterviewStream, log in to your HireVCURams account and click the InterviewStream button.
Got an interview coming up? Practice with one of our career advisers. Schedule a one-hour practice interview and we will show you how to answer likely interview questions and offer tips to help you make an excellent impression.
To schedule a practice interview, call 804-828-1645 or log in to HireVCURams. Be sure to bring your resume and a copy of the job description with you to your interview.