The interview is your opportunity to share how your skills and experiences have prepared you to be successful in this role. Interviews take practice. If you’ve never interviewed before, explore the interviewing page to learn the basics of a successful interview.
Common artist interview questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Talk a bit about your undergraduate experience.
- What is your artistic medium of choice? Why that medium?
- Why do you want to go into this field? Is art a passion for you?
- Do you enjoy collaboration work? Working in teams?
- What do you expect of others in a team environment?
- Describe for me your more significant leadership experience. How have you effectively worked in a team situation?
- If you could picture yourself 5 or 10 years from now, where would you be and what would you be doing?
- If you were awarded a grant of say… $2000 for a major art project, how would you use the money?
- What do you consider to be some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How would others describe you? Your work ethic/habits? What motivates/inspires your work?
- What else do you think I should know about you?
- Why do you believe that you could handle this position?
You’ll feel more comfortable during your interview with a little practice first. InterviewStream is web-based video interface that allows you to respond to a series pre-recorded interview questions from your computer. Afterward, you will be able to review your recording to see how you did.
To access InterviewStream, log in to your HireVCURamsaccount and click the InterviewStream button.
Got an interview coming up? Practice with one of our career advisers. Schedule a one-hour practice interview and we will show you how to answer likely interview questions and offer tips to help you make an excellent impression.
To schedule a practice interview, call 804-828-1645 or log in to HireVCURams Be sure to bring your resume and a copy of the job description with you to your interview.